Tuesday, June 20, 2023

BASS PRO MIDWEEK MOTIVATION - Meet Your Pacers

Hello runner friends!
Welcome back to the Bass Pro Fitness Series
MIDWEEK M😊TIVATI😊N blog!

Now let's get started by talking about a group of people that you might not know even existed but are getting trained up and ready to help get you to the finish line of the Bass Pro Marathon or Half in November. The Bass Pro Pacing Team is a group of individuals who love helping others fulfill their running dreams. They're encouraging, they're fun, and most importantly, they are ready to get you from the start line to the finish line in the time you want to get there and with a smile on your face. They really can make your 13.1 or 26.2 mile race more fun than you could ever imagine! So say hello to some of this amazing group (who will introduce themselves and tell you why they enjoy pacing so much) and make plans to join them in the fall. You’ll be so glad you did! 

So without further ado and in no particular order, here they are:



Greetings! Our names are Rich Palmer and Rachel Lyons and this will be the 3rd time we have paced the Bass Pro Half Marathon. Little did we know that when we started running 15 years ago that it would become such a critical part of our lives. We run because of how good it makes us feel, the sense of accomplishment weget after completing races, and to socialize with other fitness oriented people.   We met each other through running as well as many other long term friends. There are so many benefits to running!

We are excited to train with you this season and to help you crush your running goals!



Justin and Samantha are pacing the 5:45 marathon. We love pacing for Bass Pro because we can help others push past their limits and to achieve their goals. We look forward to race day and running with you.



I am excited to pace the Bass Pro marathon again this year and look forward to seeing so many running friends and acquaintances out on the course. Springfield’s running community is amazing and has been such an influence and encouragement on my running and racing journey.  I truly enjoy helping other runners achieve goals and reach milestones. Come run with us and I promise we will finish just under 5 hours. - Charlie Hungerford



I'm Paul Vining, pacing the 6:00 Bass Pro Marathon. I love pacing to help others accomplish their goals and have an enjoyable run. I love seeing others complete their first marathon. I try to talk the whole way to pass the time and the miles with a smile on my face.



This year I will be pacing the 5:30 Marathon with my most amazing best friend Melissa Sharp!  I am thrilled to be pacing again this year, I love helping people especially the first timers, make it past whatever mental roadblocks they have during the race and seeing them achieve their goals!- Gretchen Puett



I started running 5 years ago when a fellow gym member invited me to a group run.  I had never really enjoyed running before, but as a busy working mother of two, I quickly fell in love with the chance to be outdoors and socialize while also taking care of my body and mental health.  I love the running community... people that support you, motivate you, and show up because they said they would! I am so proud to be a part of this community, and I am very excited to pace in order to help others reach their goals! - Melissa Nunez



My name is Shelley Stout. I’ll be one of the 4:15 pacers for the marathon this year. This will be my 12 year in a row participating in Marathon Weekend and second year pacing the marathon. As a runner I love races that have pacers and has helped me to reach the finish line many times over. I enjoy training with friends and my 4 legged doodle Winnie. Looking forward to having fun and getting runner to and through their goals!



I'm passionate about helping runners meet their goals and crossing the finish line! - Adam Irvin 


I have been pacing half marathons since 2014. I love pacing because we get to help other runners meet their goals. This will be my 6th time pacing for Bass Pro and my 4th time pacing the 2 hour half for Bass Pro Half Marathon. I try to keep everyone entertained the entire time we are together. Looking forward to another great Bass Pro Half Marathon. - Randy Acklin



Janet Clements--- 3 hour half. So happy to help others reach their running goals that they've worked hard for and have fun along the way.


Hello again! I’m pacing the 4:45 marathon with Lali this year. Professionally, I am a registered dietitian, so motivating people to eat healthy for disease prevention and management is a passion of mine, but running is my jam for sure! This will be my third year pacing and I absolutely love helping to motivate new and old runners to reach their goals! I know I’m not alone when I say the mind wanders in 1 million directions during a run, especially during a marathon! So it’s nice to be surrounded by those with similar goals to help you sort through some of the more challenging thoughts and emotions, and ultimately cross that finish line! -Jaunine Marie 


I run because it is therapy for me. I love pacing because it brings me joy to see others accomplish goals they set for themselves or even beat them. There is no better feeling than watching your pace group or end of race stragglers cross over that finish line! I've been running since 2014! I completely a marathon or more almost every weekend. I clocked in about 2100 miles in 2022! My heart is out running on the trails in Arkansas. I eventually want to complete a 100k trail run, but so far have only finished a 50-miler twice. (2022 - 11:35 & 2023 - 11:30). - Erika Ashley 



I am one of the pacers for the 6:00 time slot at Bass Pro Marathon this year. I have run over 20 marathons and paced Bass Pro at least 4 previous times. It is fulfilling to me to help runners achieve a goal. Having run with pacer groups many times myself, I understand how helpful they can be. I want to help runners enjoy the experience and accomplish something that they desire. - Kathy Carroll



I am looking forward to my 10th time pacing a Bass Pro Fitness Festival event! My love of running began early; I've been running for decades, but the Cohick Half Marathon was one of my first races and the Conservation Marathon was my first full marathon in 2014. Since then I've run numerous races in several states (including the Boston Marathon) and so I can confidently say that The Bass Pro Fitness Series events are some of the best! I am looking forward to this training season and hearing the stories of what inspires you all to run! - Lali Marie



I’ve been very blessed to have amazing people in the running community to come and help me throughout my running journey.  It’s because of these amazing people that I was able to accomplish things that once seemed unthinkable to me.  So, when I was asked to pace, I was so excited.  I want to be able to give back to the community that helped me so much.  It’s such an amazing feeling to accomplish something that you once thought would be impossible for you to do and to help someone get there would be such a blessing in giving back. This will be my 3rd year pacing for Bass Pro Marathon.  I’m so grateful to this community of runners.  It really is a huge family that takes in anyone and encourages you to do your best. I’ve made so many friends here that I now call my family and they’ve helped me achieve so many things that I would have never thought possible.  I love being able to give back in anyway I can and pacing and helping people achieve their goals is so amazing. - Amanda Toliver



Half marathon 2:00 group! For me it all comes down to helping others get the joy from accomplishing the same goals I’ve chased in the past. Also this is my 3rd time pacing the half! - Chad Johnson 



And last but not least, your’s truly…..
I am once again pacing the Bass Pro 5:30 Marathon group (with my bestie Gretchen) and I couldn’t be more excited!!! Helping runners get to the finish line with a smile on their face is something I love doing! Bass Pro is hands down my favorite marathon and I hope it will be yours too!! I can’t promise completing 26.2 miles won’t be hard but I can promise you that you’ll laugh along the way and have a good time. Gretchen and I have lots of jokes ready for you!



So there you have it friends. Bass Pro Pacers are famous for a reason! They love getting you to the finish line on time every time. And want you to leave the racecourse with some great memories. And best yet, they will help you run a consistent pace throughout the entire race which is of great benefit to all runners, but especially to first-timers. So determine your goal time for the half or the full marathon and then line up behind the person whose job it is to get you there. You’ll be so glad you did! 

Happy Running!



No comments:

Post a Comment