Monday, November 14, 2022

They’ll Know by Our Walk

“Whoever claims to abide in Him must walk as Jesus walked.” 1 John 2:6 BSB


Upon waking up yesterday morning, I just knew the day was going to be a rough one. After running 50 kilometers of trails on Saturday and then another 15 kilometers on Sunday to complete the Dogwood Canyon Trail Series Challenge, my legs were toast. With close to 6000 feet of elevation gain over two days, the hills and hollers of Lampe, Missouri proved to be a quad crusher that rendered me unable to walk normally. “My goodness, what happened to you?” my coworker asked as I walked into our early Monday morning meeting. Without having to say a word, she new something was different because of my new style of walking. Smiling, I replied, “I’ll be fine in a few days. This is what nearly 41 miles of running gnarly trails will do to a person.” And then I laughed and added, “And yes. I can’t wait to do this again.”

And you know, there’s really no better way to tell that someone has completed a long or hard run recently than by the way they walk. Commonly referred to as the ‘marathon shuffle,’ it sets runners apart in the same way that walking “as Jesus walked” does. You see, you and I can claim to love Christ until we are blue in the face. But the proof they say is in the pudding because the Bible is very clear that “whoever claims to abide in Him must walk as Jesus walked.” Which means people will know that we are Christ followers by the way we live our lives and should know without us saying a word that we exist to serve the Savior by the way we listen, follow, and obey Him.  

So let me ask you this my friend… Does the way you walk show that you are in close communion with Christ? And that you live to serve Him above all else? Are you walking in step with Him? I sure hope so because being set apart is the only way that you and I will ever lead anyone to the foot of the Cross. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that we are to live in such a way that people know that we are faithful followers by the way we walk. Help us to walk as You walk Lord so that we might lead others to do the same.  It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment