Tuesday, November 15, 2022

BASS PRO MIDWEEK MOTIVATION- A Trip down Memory Lane

Hello runner friends!
Welcome back to the Bass Pro Fitness Series
MIDWEEK M😊TIVATI😊N blog!


Now let's get started by taking a walk down memory lane. It seems like just yesterday I was running the hills of Dogwood Canyon with my friends as part of the Bass Pro Fitness Series. Oh wait! It wasn't yesterday but it was less than a week ago! It's the lingering quad pain that makes it all seem so fresh right?


Well... whether or not you, yourself, ran the 15k, 25k, 50k or one of the challenges (that included either the 25k or 50k Saturday and then the 15k Sunday), I think you'll enjoy seeing some of the pictures from this iconic event and what some of the trail runners said was the 'best part' about running Dogwood. On a side note... this might just leave you with serious FOMO on the 2023 event so beware. Once registration opens, it will sell out pretty quickly.

So without further ado check out what these crazy trail runners had to say about my most favorite running weekend of the year....

When I realized I forgot my shoes and my daughter met me halfway to save me 2 hours. The other thing was meeting 2 sisters age 70 & 77 who both ran the 15k.- Sheree Wilson

Mile 2 on Saturday 25k I was almost hit by a fleeing deer!! Pretty scary and amazing at the same time!! - Seth Michael

Most memorable moment when I caught up to a random dude (Phil), we both chatted for a sec about our goal to PR the 25k, and he said “We got this let’s go!” (or something close to it) and we both took off! I crossed about a minute after him but he waited for me and congratulated me!! That’s the thing about most trail runners, they just want everyone to succeed and they are amazing human beings!! Such an awesome event, can’t wait to come back next year - Angi Betran

My most memorable moment was probably seeing the dusting of snow on the ground! It was so pretty out there! Also realizing that the water crossings didn’t feel nearly as cold as I was afraid they would. - Madeline Tourville

Yesterday was my first time running Dogwood Canyon Trail Runs - 15k, 25K & 50K. I really enjoyed it and won't be forgetting those hills anytime soon. - Rich Dameron

The snow blowing and bald eagle fly over during Saturday national anthem! Beautiful! - Tammy Condren

I ran. Only had 2 miles to go before leg gave so didn’t finish but had lots of fun going. I’ll try again next time. - Derek Smith

The thankfulness I feel for the beautiful park and the strength to get out there and run it. - Hannah Spots

Didn’t know I looked so happy while simultaneously cussing each step. It was amazing though! - Duane Hamilton


Lots of amazing moments from the weekend but my favorite involved my 17 year old daughter on Sunday. Not only did we both place in age groups, she finished and said “I just love trail running”… and this photo says it all. - Chad Johnson

I just love getting out and seeing what my body can do and doing it alongside old friends while making new ones. Exploring God's beauty on foot is such a blessing. - Laura Murrieta

First ever 25K!!! - Gina Rendon

I got a 19 minute PR on the 25k Saturday. My favorite thing was my family traveling with me for a race for the very first time. I loved the snow on Saturday and the frost flowers on Sunday. - Ashley Hopkins

No need for words... Sharon Hendrix

Those finish line burritos! Seeing Dogwood in a dusting of snow was really spectacular! Also, catching up with friends before & after the race! - Jennifer Stewart

The whole social aspect I think. Dogwood has such a special feel to it. It’s a family tradition for us, now. Friends, family, what a wunnerful weekend! My daughter running so well and being so kind is another favorite part of it. I mean, as much as I love her running prowess, she has a kind heart, like her mama. That’s priceless! -John Everett

First time I’ve ever had a mid race injury and considered a DNF but I limped myself to the finish and limped the whole 15k the next day and actually think I’ll do it again next year! So many good friends out there to support David Murphy Charlie Hungerford John Everett Heidi Thomas Lisa Geary Alicia Adamson Jeff Newman and many I left off. - Jessica Renee


I met & ran alongside Danny Correll last year for my first 15k. He helped me after I fell on the course. I turned around at the start this year and there he was. We chatted for a few minutes & then got on with the race. Caught up with him afterwards to find out we both placed 1st in AG. Fun moment. - Amanda Doty


My favorite part? The time spent out on the trail alone. Really. This picture, taken Saturday at mile 13-ish where the 50k and the 25k runners split, captures what I love so much about Dogwood Canyon... wide open spaces, the sounds of nature, the smells of fall, the brisk water crossings, and a big beautiful sky. For the next 18 miles I was in near solitude... left alone with my thoughts and the overwhelming presence of the Creator who, we are told in Romans 1:20, displays His "invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature" to be seen and understood by all from that has been made. And with the dusting of snow this year, it was a time I will forever cherish. And since every Dogwood Canyon running evokes such feelings, I can't wait to do it again! Truly.


So there you have it friends. These are just a few of the stories that came out of this weekend. I'd have to write a book to tell you more. But I do hope you'll come see what all the fuss is about for yourself. With three distances that you can run, walk, or hike, there's a race for everyone. And if you don't want to run, think about volunteering. I think they had as much fun as the runners! Registration for all events opens March 22 so mark your calendars.

HAPPY RUNNING!


No comments:

Post a Comment