Sunday, November 6, 2022

We Know that God is in Control

"And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 BSB


As my husband and I headed down to the hotel lobby Saturday night after working a full shift at the Bass Pro Marathon Expo, I silently prayed, "Lord, please allow me to get the devotional I prepared to share before tomorrow's race printed quickly so we can get back to the room and get some rest." But after several failed attempts, I was about to give up when Amber, the front desk clerk who had tried to help us smiled and said, "If you'll email it to me, I'll print it for you." Upon doing that, Amber handed me the papers as she said, "I'll delete that email." Prompted by the Holy Spirit I immediately answered, "Oh no. Please save it. I totally believe that you were meant to read it. That's why the printer wasn't working." And sure enough, I was right. Later that next morning, while I was out on the course running, I checked my text messages and smiled at the words Amber sent, "Thank you so much for letting me read your devotional. I have been experiencing that very thing from my family, so it was just what I needed to hear."

Do you just love that or what? But things could have been so different had I not remembered that "God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose." You see, I have come to "know" that when things go 'wrong,' they're almost always going right--because God will set up situations and coordinate divine interventions for His good purposes. But guess what? He can't use a crabby Christian. Which is the very reason James tell us that we are to "count it all joy" when we encounter trials of various kinds; something we can do because we know that God is in complete control and working all things for good. 

So when things are seemingly going 'wrong,' look up and smile my friend. Keep the joy as you allow God to use your circumstances to put you in the right spot at the right time knowing that it will work out "for the good of those who love Him."

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us so much that You would personally set up meetings like the one I had with Amber. You not only opened the door for her to help me but for her to hear the words she needed to hear. You are indeed an awesome God worthy of all our praise. Help us to keep the joy in all situations so that we would not miss being a part of your awesome plan. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!


No comments:

Post a Comment