Sunday, September 11, 2022

The Name above all names

“Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:9-11 NIV


“What a powerful Name it is, What a powerful Name it is. The Name of Jesus Christ my King. What a powerful Name it is. Nothing can stand against. What a powerful Name it is… the Name of Jesus.” As I sang those words in unison with my brothers and sisters in Christ at church early yesterday morning, my mind briefly went back to the ‘problem’ my husband, Larry, and I had left behind at home and my heart raced. “Oh no,” I thought to myself. “Not today Satan.” I then reminded myself that the plumber (a trusted friend of ours) was on the way to find the cause of the water leak that nearly caused my husband and I to forgo church. “We don’t need to be home for this honey,” Larry said to me. “Let’s not let the enemy use this to keep us from worshiping. It will all work out.” And sure enough it did. The cause of the leak was eventually found and repaired and we were left to clean up a mess that wasn’t nearly as bad as my imagination had me convinced it would be.

But you know, isn’t that what the enemy does in the face of our problems? Feed our minds with all the reasons we should be worrying and why God won’t come through for us? Of course it is. In fact, our adversary the devil will even cause us to panic if we allow our imaginations to run wild. Which is the very reason that you and I need to remind ourselves that the Name of Jesus is so powerful that NOTHING can stand against it. Evil, troubles, and chaos may seem to rule for a while but there is coming a day when every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that “Jesus Christ is Lord.” That means that one day all our tests, trials, and tribulations will be no more and we will reign with the One whose Name is above all names. 

So no matter what problems you might be facing today, put them into perspective my friend. The enemy may win a few battles here and there but you can be sure that Jesus Christ, who has already conquered sin and death, wins the war. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that the trials of this world are only temporary. When our hearts are anxious Lord and when our problems seem large and insurmountable, please cause us to remember that this world is quickly passing away and a day is coming when we will reign with You forever, free from the troubles of this world. Until then, help us to recall that the promise of Romans 8:28 is true, which means we have no reason to fear. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment