Tuesday, September 6, 2022

BASS PRO MIDWEEK MOTIVATION - Meet your pacers

Hello runner friends!
Welcome back to the Bass Pro Fitness Series
MIDWEEK M😊TIVATI😊N blog!


Now let's get started by talking about a group of people that you might not know even existed but are getting trained up and ready to help get you to the finish line of the Bass Pro Marathon or Half in November. The Bass Pro Pacing Team is a group of individuals who love helping others fulfill their running dreams. They're encouraging, they're fun, and most importantly, they are ready to get you from the start line to the finish line in the time you want to get there and with a smile on your face. They really can make your 13.1 or 26.2 mile race more fun than you could ever imagine! So say hello to some of this amazing group (who will introduce themselves and tell you why they enjoy pacing so much) and make plans to join them in the fall. 


Greetings! Our names are Rich Palmer and Rachel Lyons and this will be the 3rd time we have paced the Bass Pro Half Marathon. Little did we know that when we started running 15 years ago that it would become such a critical part of our lives. We run because of how good it makes us feel, the sense of accomplishment we get after completing races, and to socialize with other fitness oriented people. We met each other through running as well as many other long term friends. There are so many benefits to running! We are excited to train with you this season and to help you crush your running goals!
(Pacing the 2:15 half)


I love supporting others in their pursuit to be successful. Pacing is a fantastic opportunity to help others reach a running goal they have been working towards. Pacing is also one of the most fun jobs in the world. Getting to know the people around me makes for great conversation while the miles fly by. Whether someone is pushing for a PR, getting back into running after injury, or just wanting to settle in to a pace to make it to the end, we have fun along the way!
(Beth Schulte on right - 2:20 half)


I’ve been very blessed to have amazing people in the running community to come and help me throughout my running journey. It’s because of these amazing people that I was able to accomplish things that once seemed unthinkable to me. So, when I was asked to pace, I was so excited. I want to be able to give back to the community that helped me so much. It’s such an amazing feeling to accomplish something that you once thought would be impossible for you to do and to help someone get there would be such a blessing in giving back. 
(Amanda Toliver - 4:20 full)


Hello there, I’m Shelley Stout. I’ll be one of your 4:20 marathon pacers. This will be my 11th year participating in the Bass Pro Conservation Marathon weekend. Bass Pro was my first marathon back in 2011. I fell in love with running 20 years ago. I enjoy running 5K’s to 50 miles and everything in between. I’m a school nurse with SPS and the assistant cross country coach of my school. I love sharing my passion for running with my athletes. I’m excited to pace Bass Pro, have some fun on the course, and help fellow runners reach their goals!
(Shelly Stout - 4:20 full)


I started running in 2011. I started pacing half marathons in 2014. I really enjoy pacing because I love motivating and helping people reach their goals. I try to keep the people running with me entertained.
(Randy Acklin - 2:00 half)


This will be my 2nd year pacing a Bass Pro race. I love giving back to this race and pacing is the perfect opportunity for me to do so. I enjoy mentoring and helping people achieve their running goals. BP pacers have helped me achieve many PRs at this event and now I can do the same for many others. Looking forward to tag-teaming this with Ben Byrd!
(Mitch Wilkins - 5:00 full)


I enjoy pacing runners to help them achieve their goals. I am looking forward to pacing a great group to the finish line at Bass Pro this year!
(Ben Byrd - 5:00 full)


I have run over 20 marathons and paced Bass Pro at least 4 previous times. It is fulfilling to me to help runners achieve a goal. Having run with pacer groups many times myself, I understand how helpful they can be. I want to help runners enjoy the experience and accomplish something that they desire.
(Kathy Carrol - 5:45 full)


Running is a highly positive sport. That has proven to be full of excitement and adventures for me. It's so great setting a goal, working hard and reaching that goal. That's why I pace...to help others reach their goal and achieve something that they have worked hard for.
(Janet Clement - 2:20 half)


About 5 years ago, after several hundred races, I decided I needed to give back some to the running community that was (and has continued to be) so instrumental in my running success and fun. After pacing a couple of times, I was hooked. It is so enjoyable and so rewarding to help others reach goals and achieve personal records. I can’t wait to run with some marathoners at Bass Pro.
(Charlie Hungerford - 5:15 full)


For me it all comes down to helping others get the joy from accomplishing the same goals I’ve chased in the past.
(Chad Johnson 1:45 half)


It’s my third year pacing and I love all the people I meet and hearing their stories and how some of them are doing their very first race.
(Jenni Sherman - 4:30 full)


It truly is a party at the back. I love seeing everyone accomplish the goals they have been training for. From first time marathoners to veterans hitting a time goal, the smiles at the end are everything.
(Rachel Baker, in black hat - 6 hour full)

I love this distance because I get to go on a fun 6-hour journey with runners who are typically running their first marathon or who are new at the distance. I feel so blessed to be apart of that!
(Melissa Bland, on left, with Rachel - 6 hour full)

I pace because I get to do two things I love: encourage and run! Bass Pro Fitness Series provides many opportunities to challenge yourself physically. So let’s get moving!!
(Seth Jenks 2:10 half)


This is my 9th time pacing a Bass Pro Fitness Festival event. These events are top notch! Melissa Bondy and her team put so much thought and effort into every detail. I love to be able to contribute a little and pacing is a wonderful way to do that. I'm looking forward to running with some of you and seeing all the happy faces out on the course!
(Lali Marie, on right, 1:55 half)

Running became my happy place in 2014, but it started out as a solo sport for me. I would run occasionally with friends and I’d start with them on race day, but we always ended up at our own paces and finish the race at different times, which was fine, but I was always envious of those runners who had a pack. I met Lali in 2019, not too long after we had our sons the fall before. Turns out we had quite a bit in common, especially our love for running. She became my buddy and introduced me to the OMRR community. Last year she got me a spot as a pacer, which sounded awesome, but scary at the same time. At first the nerves got to me, but the day of the race turned out to be more than I could have ever expected. Helping fellow runners meet their goals and making new friends along the way was so much fun!! I was hooked! So when the opportunity knocked again this season, there was no hesitation. I can’t wait to experience that thrill and excitement with all of those awesome runners again this year! Let’s get after those PRs!!!
(Jaunine Marie, on left, 1:55 half with Lali)


We loving pacing together. She's the talker and I'm the timer. More importantly, helping runners reach their goals and the finish line is what drives us. We have paced the Bass Pro Marathon for many years and having a local event with so many friends makes this event magical and motivating.
(Adam and Tye Irving, 2:30 half)


I love this race because it is what inspired me to become a runner! I volunteered at the bag drop back in college and seeing all of the exhausted runners after they finished made me realize I had never been that tired in my life and naturally I wanted to know what it was like! I love all of the emotions we experience during a big race and I can't wait to see everyone at the finish line!
(Kyla Mahoney, 5:15 full)

The best thing about pacing this bass pro is running with the first timers and then sitting at the finish line! Watching people finish is the best part! 
(Jill Brockman 2:45 half)


So there you have it friends. Although I didn't list all of the pacers that you will see on race day, you can be sure of this... every one of them loves what they do and can't wait to meet you! I’m pictured above with my partner-in-crime Jody Rhodes. We will once again be your 5:30 full marathon pacers and I know I speak for Jody as well when I say this... we are excited!!! We pace because we love meeting new runners and encouraging them to keep pressing on with a smile on their face. And we pace because we truly want to make Bass Pro a time that the runners in our group will look back on and say, "That was really a good day."  So look for the pace group you want to join at the start line and get ready to have a great time. Happy Running!



No comments:

Post a Comment