Wednesday, December 25, 2019

We have countless reasons to love God

"But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." Romans 5:8 NLT


If you're like most people, you probably received some great presents for Christmas. I know I did. And while I really loved the new running shoes, perfume, headlamp and purse I received (among other things), my favorite gift by far was the book my daughter, Hope, had made for me titled, "The reasons I love you!" where, within its’ pages, were computer images of us along with various reasons she was glad I was her mother. Reasons like, "I love that you appreciate the simple things in life, I love that you are so nice to me even when I don't deserve it and I love laughing with you." Oh how this sweet child makes me smile. I certainly don't feel that I deserve to be her mother but I thank God each and every day that I am. 

And you know, when it comes to the love between a parent and a child, do you realize there is nothing in this world you and I could ever have done to earn the love of the Father?  In fact, because of our sin, we were deserving of death and damnation. Yet the Bible tells us that the Father's love for us was so great that He sent His one and only Son to die for us to prove it. And while I will never be able to fathom the reasons He loves us this much, I thank God that He does each and every day. 

So although Christmas has passed, you and I should celebrate the birth of Christ and the many other reasons we have to love the Lord each and every day - reasons that are all within the pages of the greatest Book ever written, the Bible. Read it my friend. You'll be glad you did. 
 
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us so many reasons to love You. You are our Comforter, our Peace, our Savior, our Sustainer, our Healer, our Friend in time of need and our Father who loves us although we don't deserve it. Help us to fathom how great this love is Lord that we would never take it for granted and give you the praise, honor and glory You are due each and every day. 

Happy Running!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment