Sunday, December 1, 2019

Stop chasing the wind

"But as I looked at everything I had worked so hard to accomplish, it was all so meaningless—like chasing the wind. There was nothing really worthwhile anywhere." Ecclesiastes 2:11 NLT


Image result for drug addict in church pic
Rising early to run the streets of El Paso Friday, I was enjoying the brief moments of the morning when most of the city was sleeping and the streets were void of their normal traffic. Lost in worship and singing the words "You are my life, may you be lifted high. There is no other like Jesus Christ," I looked up to see a man being handcuffed by a member of the El Paso police department while the other officer was placing the man's drug paraphernalia on the trunk of his patrol car. And for the split second I locked eyes with the drug-addicted man, I prayed that he had heard the words that could change his life. The two words that could fill him with what his soul was truly longing for... Jesus Christ. 

And you know, without exception, every human being longs to be happy, longs to have peace and longs to be satisfied. Unfortunately though, the majority of people will attempt to fill these needs through people, possessions or mind-altering substances. But none of those things will ever truly satisfy a person as Solomon came to know. Here was a man who had unlimited wealth, women and wine saying, "Anything I wanted, I would take. I denied myself no pleasure." But guess what? Even an inexhaustible amount of what the world had to offer left Solomon empty inside and admitting that his pursuit of these things, "was all so meaningless." 

So if you find yourself seeking to be satisfied or fill the void in your heart with anything less than Christ, stop "chasing the wind" my friend. The world doesn't have what you need to quench your thirst and satisfy your hunger, only Jesus does. Won't you turn to Him?

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that a person can never be truly satisfied until they come to the foot of the Cross and allow you to fill their hearts. Lord, help us to boldly carry this Message to a world that so desperately needs it and to see people as You do that we might show compassion to the lost. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment