Monday, January 15, 2018

The meeting place

"Now Moses used to take the tent and pitch it outside the camp, a good distance from the camp, and he called it the tent of meeting. And everyone who sought the LORD would go out to the tent of meeting which was outside the camp." Exodus 33:7 NASB


Image result for snow covered country road pic
It's no secret that I love running. In fact, most people that know me have come to realize that and understand my desire to do it every day. What they can't understand, however, is why I would intentionally run outside in the snow and sub-zero temperatures when I have a perfectly good treadmill and a subscription to Netflix at home. I mean why not rack up those miles where it's warm and there’s no need to dress in layers? The truth is this... the outdoors, where I'm alone, away from my house, and free from any distractions is where I go to meet with the Lord. It's the time I look forward to every morning and pursue regardless of the conditions outside. Because, no matter how hard the run is, I always come back refreshed, smiling, and ready for what the day might hold. Spending time with the Father just does that to a person. 

You know, Moses also knew how important it was to make time to meet with God every day, alone and away from all distractions. It was so important to Moses that the Bible says he, "used to take the tent and pitch it outside the camp, a good distance from the camp, and he called it the tent of meeting." This "meeting" place, away from where they lived, was where he and "everyone who sought the Lord would go" to find Him. And you can be sure that the Lord would be waiting, just as He is for you and me. 

And while everyone's "meeting" place might be somewhere different, we all need one. Maybe yours is in a closet or in a quiet room of your home? Maybe it's in your car on the way to work? Or like me, maybe it's outside wherever the road may lead? Wherever it is, my friend, the important thing is to go there every day. You will find that the time is well spent and totally worth the effort. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for the promise that You will be near to all those who seek You. Help us to have an unquenchable thirst for your Word and an insatiable desire to be in your Presence that we would seek a "meeting" place each and every day. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

The more I seek You - Kari Jobe

No comments:

Post a Comment