Thursday, December 14, 2017

For our good

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 NIV


Related image

As I reflected back on last weekend's 100 mile race and the spiritual and mental strength it took for me to cross the finish line, I was brought to tears with the realization that all of the trials, injuries and heartaches I had experienced leading up to that point, some that I feared would break me, had actually served to make me stronger-something God knew I would need to be to complete the race I had been called to run. I recalled all the times I had cried out, my heart literally breaking, unable to do anything more than lean into Him for the strength to make it through one more mile and one more day. Times that allowed me to experience God’s lovingkindness, his faithfulness and his power within me to press on. And while many of those experiences were nearly unbearable, I am forever grateful for each one because they taught me that I could trust Him even when I didn’t understand his plan. 

As most of us can attest, life is not free from hardships, setbacks or suffering, and God never said it would be. But, thankfully, we were given the promise "that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." For the believer, this is great news. It means that God is working in all things and through all circumstances including the good, the bad and the downright ugly trials we will go through to fulfill his (not ours-there’s a big difference) purpose to which we were called. And that will always be to our benefit and always for our good no matter how it appears at the time. 

So if you feel you're in the fire today my friend and hard-pressed on all sides, remember the words of Casting Crowns, "When you're on your knees and answers seem so far away, you're not alone... your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place.” And God is working it all for your good. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for the promise that everything that we will go through in this life will be used for our good and for your glory. Oh Lord, let that knowledge give us peace as we go through the battles of life only to be made stronger. Help us to look up during these times and to lean into you as you mold us and make us into the people we need to be to fulfill the purpose to which we have been called. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Just be held - Casting Crowns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZitK6_IMQ

No comments:

Post a Comment