Monday, December 25, 2017

Makes my heart wanna sing

"I will sing to the LORD as long as I live. I will praise my God to my last breath!" Psalm 104:33


Image result for people singing pic
Purposely getting up earlier than the rest of the family yesterday morning, I settled in for some much needed Bible study and time alone with the Lord. I knew the day would soon get busy and I wanted nothing more than to begin it by thanking Him for the miracle of the virgin birth. Moments later though, I was interrupted with a soft knock on the door and my daughter's sweet voice saying, "It's time to open presents Mommy. It's Christmas." Oh boy, I thought, I guess I didn't get up early enough. And as the gifts were being unwrapped and the gratitude for my many blessings grew, I felt ready to explode with joy. I literally couldn't dress and get out the door fast enough after finishing to go for a run. And as I quickly settled into an easy pace, finally alone with the Father, I began to thank Him over and over and over again before singing His praises out loud. Oh how good that felt!

You know, King David was a man known for unabashedly praising his Savior too. He praised Him with melodies, words and even dancing. He praised the Lord for his goodness when life was easy and he praised him for his faithfulness when times got hard. In fact, David was so adamant that he would never stop giving thanks to the Lord that he wrote, "I will sing to the Lord as long as I live. I will praise my God to my last breath!" In other words, David, in gratefulness to who God is and all He does, was compelled to praise Him no matter the circumstance. 

And while I'm sure many people thanked the Lord yesterday for the gifts under the tree and the food on the table, how many of them will continue doing it the rest of the year? Christmas is indeed a special day filled with blessings but, if you look around and pay attention, every day is. So won't you decide to begin each morning giving praise to the Father? I promise it will make your day so much brighter.

Heavenly Father, thank you sending your son Jesus to offer us the greatest gift we could ever receive. Salvation can't be found in a store, in a box or under a tree but is given freely to all those who believe in You. Help us to remember that it's also a gift no one can ever take away and an assurance that we will one day spend eternity in Heaven. In light of that, help us to see your goodness in everything around us and to be compelled to sing your praises. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

How can I keep from singing - Chris Tomlin


No comments:

Post a Comment