Tuesday, December 5, 2017

He has compassion

"Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him." Psalm 103:13 NASB

Image result for two women praying pic

Within just a few feet of turning off of our town’s main highway and onto a side street on my early morning run yesterday, I saw a friend pull over on the opposite side of the busy road and motion hurriedly for me to come over. As I looked both ways and then sprinted towards her, she excitedly said, "I'm so glad that I saw you just now. What great timing! I really need you to pray with me." In awe of God's perfect timing, I took her hands in mine. And right there, oblivious to anything around us and the other cars passing by, we prayed over the situation she was on her way to face. Then as we finished, both of us near tears, she thanked me and drove off as I resumed my run. Wow! What a start to the morning. 

You know, God is so good like that isn't He? He knows exactly what we need, exactly when we need it. In fact, David, in describing God's great love for us, wrote, "Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the Lord has compassion on those who fear him." And if compassion is defined as a strong feeling of sympathy and sadness for other people’s suffering or bad luck and a desire to help, consider that God is not only sympathetic to our suffering or pain but empathetic to it. In other words, our good Father can show us true compassion because he truly has an ability to understand what we are feeling because He has felt it too. 

In the words of Ben Carson, "God cares about every area of our lives, and God wants us to ask for help." So no matter what you may be going through today, take comfort in knowing that you are not alone. God truly cares about you and has a desire to help if you are suffering... just ask Him

Heavenly Father, thank you for loving us so much that you would care about every area of our lives from our smallest fears to our deepest hurts. Help us to realize that You not only care that we are suffering but can suffer alongside us because You know what we are going through. May that thought bring us peace as we cry out to You to be compassionate to us. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

How He loves - David Crowder

No comments:

Post a Comment