Sunday, August 27, 2017

We are marked

"He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." 2 Corinthians 1:21,22


Image result for cow with eartag pic

One of my most cherished times to run is very early on Sunday mornings before church. Not only does the time alone with the Lord help prepare my heart for worship later but allows me to bask in the sights and smells only the dawn can bring. And on this particular Sunday, I was in for a real treat. Cresting the hill on the dusty farm road I was traveling, I spotted three tiny calves (smallest ones I had ever seen) staying close to their momma as she grazed. As I stopped in my tracks at the sight (triplets are very rare) to admire these little babies, I spotted something else that made me smile. Each one of these cows was marked with an ear tag. The master, or owner, of these animals cared about them so much, the young and the old alike, that he "set his seal of ownership" on them so there would be no disputing to whom they belonged.

And as I continued to stand there in awe, I couldn't help but be humbled by the thought that our Master has done the same for each of his children as well. You see, the Bible tells us that when you and I accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, "he anointed" and "set his seal of ownership on us." And that we might know for sure to Whom it is we belong, he "put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." And this "Spirit" which was put in the heart of every believer promises, with absolute certainty, that we belong to the Lord now and for eternity. 

So isn't it great to know that we belong to a God that loves us so much that he would mark us as his very own so that nothing could separate us from him? I sure think so. That's why I can't, and won't, keep this Good News to myself and I hope you won't either. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for the blessing of being able to call you Father and Lord. Thank you for loving us so much that you would mark us as your own even when we don't deserve it and can do nothing to earn it. Thank you for the promise of eternal salvation and the comfort that guarantee brings. Help us to be bold to share the Good News with everyone that they, too, might come to call you Master too. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

We are yours - I Am They




No comments:

Post a Comment