Sunday, August 13, 2017

Looking forward to it

"For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come." Hebrews 13:14



Image result for looking to heaven pic

To break up the monotony of running the same route every day, several times a month I like to drive to a neighboring town to do my early morning run. And while doing that very thing last week, I rounded a corner just in time to see my neighbor getting into her car. Looking up, she spotted me and said, "Well you're a long ways from home, aren't you?" Smiling, I agreed. And then thought to myself, "She has no idea how far away from "home" I really am... and how much I am "looking forward" to the day I will arrive."

But you know, while every Christian should be "looking forward to a home yet to come", we shouldn't forget that we have a purpose each and every day until we are called to go there. And it's the realization that "this world is not our permanent home", that gives us the freedom to live out that purpose. You see, when we become fully aware, and understand completely, that the things of this world are temporary-our homes, our jobs, our status, our cars and our belongings-we can pursue doing God's will (our purpose) above pursing these things that won't last.

So today, let us be bold in telling others about our "home yet to come" and why we are looking forward to going there that they, too, might give up the temporary to pursue that which is truly "permanent."

Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word that clearly tells us that this world and everything in it will pass. Help us to fully grasp how short our time is here that we might not waste a moment going after things that have no lasting value and only pursue those things that glorify You. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Building 429 - Where I belong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F81afXrcA4


No comments:

Post a Comment