Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Our hope in Him

"Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken." Psalm 62:5,6


Image result for person looking to heaven pic

With summer vacation ending and my daughter preparing for her first day of Junior High, I went to bed early-intent on getting eight hours sleep to wake up refreshed and ready to get her off to school and then go for a run. Sometime in the early morning hours though, my hopes were dashed as the fury of the storm outside woke me up. And as I laid there determined to go back to sleep, I heard it.... drip, drip, drip. "Oh no!" I thought to myself, "That's the sound of water getting in around the vent we had repaired just a few months ago." But as I laid there "quietly before God" I knew, with my husband out of town working and the rain continuing to fall, there was nothing I could do. So, as the trashcan that I had emptied and placed down only hours before (in just the right spot praise God) collected the water, I drifted off into a peaceful slumber. 

You know the Bible tells us that, in the midst of any storm, you and I can always find rest because our "hope is in him." And we can have this certain hope, or confident expectation, that all things will work out because He, and He alone, keeps his promises... every single one of them. And his promise to be our rock on whom we can stand with sure footing, the salvation we can never lose, and the fortress where we can find safety and shelter in the midst of this crazy world is true. And it's because of this that you and I can most assuredly declare, "I will not be shaken." 

So no matter what storm you might be facing today, remember that eternal life awaits all those who believe and realize that their "hope is in him." Knowing that, the rest is just small stuff, right?

Heavenly Father, thank you for your promises that are always true. Help us to remember what a strong and mighty God you are and that you have the power to overcome any problem in our path. Help us to "wait quietly" before you as we trust that you will uphold us, protect us and comfort us in our times of need. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

It is well - Finding Favour

No comments:

Post a Comment