Wednesday, March 15, 2017

spiritual schizophrenia

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me."

Image result for schizophrenia mind pic

While running in the frigid cold yesterday morning, every part of my body covered but my eyes, I passed by a woman sitting on her front porch bundled up and enjoying her morning cigarette. "Boy, you're brave, " she called out. I told her that the word for it would more likely be crazy to which she smiled and agreed. If she only knew that I used to be even crazier I thought. You see, I suffered from what I would call "spiritual schizophrenia" or, as the condition is defined, a mentality or approach characterized by inconsistent or contradictory elements. I was one person at church and another one entirely at home, one person in public and another in private. And I was miserable! Until the day I decided no more and prayed for change. 

You know, David did the same. While portraying himself as a follower of God, he was far different in secret. Not only did he lust after and commit adultery with Bathsheba getting her pregnant, but had her husband killed to hide the transgression. Talk about some "spiritual schizophrenia". When David finally came to his senses and realized the enormity of what he had done, he earnestly and repentantly cried out to God, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." And you know what? The Lord heard his prayer and answered it. Just as he did mine. 

Perhaps you're experiencing the same condition today? Well let me tell you, my friend, Jesus is the cure. Only he has the power to transform your heart, spirit and mind. And he can if you will simply call out to him and allow it. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for loving us so much that you would patiently convict us of the things we need to change in our lives. And thank you for hearing our prayers when we cry out to you and giving us a new, clean heart and a right spirit. How much better it is to be cured of the inconsistency in our spiritual lives. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen,

Happy Running!!!


Unspoken - The cure

No comments:

Post a Comment