Thursday, November 24, 2016

Friday's gift

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


Image result for gift giving pic

Wow, I hadn't even finished celebrating Thanksgiving yesterday before receiving ads and invitations to take advantage of Black Friday sales on everything from Runner's World Subscriptions and Nike Thermo Tights to Garmin watches and Proform Treadmills. With all the retailers' promises of free shipping and discounted prices, these savings seem too good to pass up don't they? And if you think those offers are great, what if I told you about another offer that makes them pale in comparison? The absolute best offer ever extended on a Friday?

You see on a Good Friday almost 2,000 years ago, our Savior, Jesus Christ, died on a cross so that He could offer you and me the greatest deal of all time.... eternal life. Why? Because He loves us. The Bible tells us so when it says that, "God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son..." And if that wasn't amazing enough, it gets even better! You don't have to wait for a sale or a special day to receive this life-saving savings, eternal life is offered to "whoever believes in him."

And it's as simple as that my friend-accept and trust in Him and be saved. It's a decision that will most assuredly change the rest of your life as Billy Graham so wisely knew when he said, "I have never known anyone to accept Christ’s redemption and later regret it.”

Heavenly Father, thank you for loving us so much that you would send your Son to die for us that we might spend eternity with You. If there is anyone reading this today that has not accepted you as their Lord and Savior, I pray today they pray these words, "Lord, I admit that I am a sinner. I believe that you died on the cross to save me from my sins and I accept you as Lord of my life. Forgive me and help me start new knowing that I can look forward to eternal life with You". It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Glorious day - Casting Crowns





No comments:

Post a Comment