Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Good morning

"But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength; Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your lovingkindness in the morning, For You have been my stronghold And a refuge in the day of my distress." Psalm 59:16

Image result for happy runner pic


As a runner who has been anticipating fall since the first day of summer, I am loving these first signs of Autumn especially the cooler temperatures and the changing leaves. So happy am I that, yesterday on my morning run, (thinking I was all alone) I began singing... loud. I just couldn't help myself as I thought of the many blessings God had granted me including the beautiful day that was unfolding right before my very eyes. But as I came over the hill on the farm road I was running, I was startled to see an older man out walking apparently enjoying the nice weather as well. "Your singing sounds nice, " he said and smiled big. Red-faced, I smiled back even bigger as I thanked him, wished him a great day and then hurried along. But within seconds, I was singing again. 

You know, God is just that wonderful and deserving of our praise. His blessings are so amazing that we should be unable to hold it in. David agreed when he wrote, "But as for me, I shall sing of your strength: Yes, I shall joyfully sing of your lovingkindness in the morning." Why was he singing? Because, like me, he knew that God had been, and always would be, his fortress and his shelter. God had rescued David time and again from his enemies, forgiven him for his sins and given him the strength to face each day. How could he not praise Him?

In fact, as followers, how can any of us not praise him for the things he has done? Are you forgiven? Praise God. Did you wake up to a brand new day? Praise God. Do you have a home and people to share it with? Praise God again! There are so many blessings to sing about, especially for his lovingkindness that greets us each and every morning. Wow! It's going to be a great day, wouldn't you agree?

Heavenly Father, thank you for the many blessings you have given us. Help us not to take even one of them for granted Lord. May we be so grateful that we find ourselves unable to hold it in and just burst out in song praising the Giver of all good things! It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen, 

Happy Running!!!

Good morning - Mandisa


No comments:

Post a Comment