Thursday, April 7, 2016

Not my fault

"And now I know that none of you to whom I have preached the Kingdom will ever see me again. I declare today that I have been faithful. If anyone suffers eternal death, it’s not my fault, for I didn’t shrink from declaring all that God wants you to know." Acts 20:25-27


After completing his umpteenth half marathon last weekend, my good friend said to me, "You know it's all your fault that I started running. I was fine until you came along." After I finished laughing I facetiously replied, "You're very welcome." All joking aside though, this goes to show that we can have a great impact on the people around us. By our actions and words you and I have the power to get others to try or do things they normally wouldn't. And while I am certainly grateful that I can motivate people to achieve running goals, it would be worth nothing if I hadn't inspired them to follow Jesus Christ.

Scripture tells us that, as Paul was preparing to leave for Jerusalem (where he was warned by the Holy Spirit that prison and hardships awaited him), he said, "I declare today that I have been faithful. If anyone suffers eternal death, it's not my fault, for I didn't shrink from declaring all that God wants you to know." Paul was making it very clear that if there was anyone that had not accepted Christ it was most certainly not his fault. Because he had never shied away from preaching the Gospel no matter the consequences, he could boldly and confidently make that statement knowing that he had been steadfast, devoted and obedient to the calling of declaring the Good News. 

Did you know that God has called each and every one of us to do that very same thing? As believers, you and I have the opportunity and obligation to win others to Christ every day. May we do that so boldly that we, like Paul, can declare "I have been faithful... If anyone suffers eternal death, it's not my fault."

Heavenly Father, I thank you for sending your son, Jesus Christ, to give us the gift of eternal life. May we be so grateful for that gift every day that we would want to share it with every single person you put in our path. May we not shrink from declaring all the things you would like others to know. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Somebody tell them - City Harbor

No comments:

Post a Comment