Thursday, April 16, 2015

My hiding place

"For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock." Psalm 27:5



Wow, someone really turned up the heat yesterday. By the time I got to run in the afternoon, it almost felt like a summer day. Needless to say, I was ready for some shade as I ducked into a place I knew would provide it... one of my favorite trails. Situated alongside the Roubidoux River, surrounded by trees and foliage and alive with the songs of nature, the peacefulness of stepping into this "sanctuary" was comforting. God's presence was there in the coolness of the air and the softness of the dirt my feet landed on. It was there in the smells of spring and the sound of the flowing water. In the midst of the unexpected heat of the day, it was my very own hiding place.

Life has a way of turning up the heat when you least expect it too, doesn't it? Everything seems to be going well and then you get that pink slip, that x-ray report or the phone call that changes your life. It's during those times that it is more important than ever to know where your "sanctuary" is. It's important because when you know where it is, you can run to it immediately when troubles abound. In Psalm 32:7, the psalmist tells us this, "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." Sounds beautiful doesn't it?

Where is that place for you? When troubles come and life turns up the heat, do you know where to go for rest? There is only one place that can restore your soul, comfort your heart and provide the strength you need to carry on... and that is resting safely in the arms of Jesus... the ultimate hiding place.

Heavenly Father, thank you for being our hiding place and our sanctuary in times of trouble. Thank you for being the place we can go to when we are burdened, scared, fearful, weak, worried or in need of rest and strength. Thank you for always being there Lord. Thank you for being our Father and our friend who cares so deeply for us that you would provide us a place of refuge in the storms of life. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

You are my hiding place - Selah




No comments:

Post a Comment