Monday, April 20, 2015

Hope changes everything

"But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect," 1 Peter 3:15


As I was watching the Boston Marathon yesterday, my friend remarked that the process was like "watching the paint peel." "Oh no," I told her, "this is exciting. You just don't understand." As I joyfully explained more, she began to take an interest in it. Later that day at work, I was asked questions about the race. People wanted to know what all the fuss was about, how long a marathon actually was, why anyone would want to run one and so on. To each question, I was ready with an answer. I knew the answers because I knew about running. I know about running because I do it every day and I love it. Which got me to thinking.....

If I were asked about my faith, why I believe and what I believe, would I have those answers as well? Absolutely. And why? Because I know Him. I think about Him every day, every minute and every hour because I love Him. I am by no means a bible scholar, just as I am not an expert on running. But I know what I believe in because I have read it in the Word, spent time in prayer and learned what it means to call him Friend. We may only have one opportunity to give an answer to someone "who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." The answer to that, your answer,  might very well determine where they spend eternity. Are you ready to give that answer?

If you're not, you might very well be missing the opportunity to tell someone the most important words they will ever hear, "Jesus loves you. He died for you and He wants to give you eternal life if you will only believe." Take time to prepare, read and study the Word often, so that you will indeed be ready "to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have."

Heavenly Father, thank You for the great things you have given us. Things so great and wonderful that we should want to share it with others. Give us a yearning to learn and study your Word that we might always be prepared to give an answer to someone looking for the hope that we have... a hope that changes everything. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

www.team413.org

Hope changes everything - Newsong

No comments:

Post a Comment