Thursday, February 26, 2015

I will praise You

"Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you." Deuteronomy 31:8


Image result for runner in snow pic


So, let's see... yesterday morning I was pummeled by a wind chill that brought negative zero temperatures and blinding snow riveting into my face mask and stinging my eyes, almost slipped on an ice patch, had the wind at my back (that was nice) and nearly froze to death. All that in one hour of running. But it was great! Before you think that my brain is frozen, let me explain. It was a good run because I was able to do it and because God was there with me. You see, He never promised me or you an easy life-in fact, we are not even guaranteed a long life. But He did promise to be with us through it all.

In those lonely times when I couldn't see beyond my tears, He was there to comfort me. In those times when I was riddled with guilt and shame, He was there to forgive me. In those times when I felt like giving up, He was there to give me strength to face another day. In those times when I had lost my way, He was there to guide me back on course. And mostly, in those times when I felt alone, He was there... my Friend, my Father and my Comforter. How then can I not rejoice? Even in the wind and snow of a cold winter day, He is there.

Exodus 15:2 says, ""The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him." So no matter the situation, no matter the location and no matter my destination, I will praise Him. I will praise Him for who He is and what He has done for me. And I will thank Him for his goodness, kindness and mercy...undeserved gifts given freely to a sinner like me... and you. Have you thanked Him today?

Heavenly Father, thank you for always being there for us. Thank you for the gift of your Holy Spirit who indwells in all believers. There is nothing that can compare to basking in your presence every day, every hour and every minute. I will praise you my Lord til the end of my days for your mercy and grace. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

www.team413.org

I will praise You - Rebecca St. James

No comments:

Post a Comment