Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas 2013

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.Isaiah 9:6 NIV

What a glorious day. Spent 18 hours driving from Missouri to El Paso, TX to spend the holiday with my husband's family.  Arrived at about 5:30 this morning and went straight in to see what Santa brought (what my husband snuck in from the truck lol).  As tired as I was, and as much as I love my family, I couldnt wait to go for a run with my best friend to celebrate His birthday.  So, after an hour or so, I was out the door (this no longer surprises any of my family:)).

With my runner friends, we celebrate birthdays by going for a run and reminiscing and laughing.  Jesus is the absolute best friend and running partner I have and I crave His companionship.  Different though is, with my worldly friends, I take care in giving them the perfect birthday gift for their special day.  On Jesus' special day, I received the gift...  we all did.  The most carefully made and perfectly wrapped gift from God.... God gave His son, Jesus, who provided the gift of Salvation.  For that, I am forever grateful and will forever tell the world so that they might receive the same gift.  His present is His presence and He happily gives it to all who ask.

Merry Christmas runner friends!!!!  Spend some time with the Lord today and thank Him for giving us Jesus.  The priceless gift of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment