Friday, December 6, 2013

And your praise goes on....

Psalm 69:34

New International Version (NIV)
34 Let heaven and earth praise him,
    the seas and all that move in them,

Set out this morning to run.  Wind chill of about 7-10 and snowing.  Snowed most of last night.  So, the kids got a school day.  And, I got to sleep in.  Already a great start to a blessed day for sure.  

While the kids played, I dressed in layers including trail shoes, a face mask and mittens.  The roads looked slick.  I soon found out looks were not deceiving this morning.  Rather than run close to the highway and risk being the victim of a sliding car, I took the gravel road close to my house.  It goes on for miles and is joined on both sides by pastures filled with black angus cows.  The only traffic today would be the farmers putting hay out for their animals.  So, it was very quiet and peaceful.  

I was in awe this morning of the sounds surrounding me.  The world is so noisy, God's whispers are drowned out.  As my feet melodically ground out a rhythm in the snow, the last remaining leaves in the trees rustled in the wind as the snow blew by.  The cattle followed me for a bit as I ran by making a stampeding noise barely muffled by the fallen snow.  Then they got spooked and ran off kicking up snow.  What a sight.  

Days like today remind me of God's omnipotence.  He truly is everywhere.  We only need to listen.  Once again, I am truly humbled by His creations.  What a beautiful world He created for us to enjoy.  So beautiful, in fact, it seems to praise Him for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment