Sunday, February 11, 2024

The Lord is our Light

“A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1 NKJV



In a story titled “Have a First Look at the Medals for the Paris Olympics” published last week, it was reported that Olympic athletes fortunate enough to earn a medal at this year’s Paris Olympic Games will also go home with a small piece of the city’s most famous landmark—the Eiffel Tower. Inlaid in every bronze, silver, and gold medal given to winners at the Paris Games and Paralympics will be a hexagonal piece of polished iron taken directly from the tower itself. The writer went on to say that, “The 1,083-foot tall tower, which was built for the 1889 World’s Fair, was meant to stand for only 20 years; however, the monument has since gone on to become the iconic symbol of the City of Light…” 

And you know, when it comes to iconic symbols of light, the Bible tells us that light symbolizes the holy God and signifies His presence and favor. This was something David clearly understood when he wrote, “The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?” David knew that, as his light, the Lord was the source of his joy, his understanding, and his life (both now and in the hereafter). Therefore, David knew that he had nothing to fear. And neither do we.  

So in a world of shifting shadows, growing dangers, and changing “truths,” choose to trust God my friend. Make Him Savior of your life, if you haven’t done so already, so that you can experience the “light” that David knew was the source of all truth and all strength. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that you are the Light of the world and the ultimate symbol of all that is good and holy. We know there is hope in no one and no thing but You so we ask that You open up doors for us to share this Message with the world. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment