Thursday, February 17, 2022

Heed the warnings

“As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?’ Matthew 24:3 NIV


As I headed to get on my recumbent bike early yesterday for my morning workout, I couldn’t help but think to myself, “I’d much rather be running outside.” But having checked the forecast repeatedly I realized it wasn’t a wise thing to do. With the rain coming down and the temperature expected to plummet about the time I would be turning around to head back on my usual route, I knew the roads could turn icy very quickly rendering me incapable of reaching safety. In fact, my mind went back to a time many years ago when I ignored the warnings of the weatherman and headed out in defiance. Within minutes after starting my run that day, the temperature dropped as was predicted to happen and I was stranded on a small patch of grass I was (by Gods grace) able to reach before the roads turned too slick to even walk on. It happened that quickly! Thankfully though, a friend of mine who had turned around to go home picked me up and was able to get me to my house. She then slid off into a ditch while making her way to her own home. And while she was rescued praise God, I doubt either one of us will forget the lesson learned that day... heed the warnings.

And you know, when it comes to heeding warnings, the Bible is very clear about what you and I can expect to happen in the end days, days that appear by all the signs to be getting closer and closer. One need only look at Matthew 24 to get the answer to the disciples question, “Tell us... when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” Jesus not only answered their inquiry by telling them exactly what to look for but warned them (and us) to be ready for His return by being “faithful and wise” servants, diligently, boldly, courageously, and earnestly doing the work of the Father.

So heed the warnings my friend. Jesus is coming back. The Bible is very clear of that. And although we don’t know the exact time or the hour that will happen, the signs are all around us that it could be very soon... and we would be wise to pay attention.

Heavenly Father, thank You for warning us of what’s to come so that we can be prepared. Lord help us to be courageous during these days so that we would stand firm and boldly speak the Truth so many need to hear so that they will be able to join us when Jesus comes to take us home. Oh how we long for Your glorious appearing! It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment