Thursday, February 10, 2022

Tell the people

“So the woman left her water jar and went away into town and said to the people, “Come, see a man who told me all that I ever did. Can this be the Christ?” They went out of the town and were coming to him.” John 4:28-30 ESV


“Hi Melissa. Can you tell me what layers you wear when you go running in the snow? I’m always interested in seeing if other people have info on warm layering clothes for outdoor exercise” was the message I received from my longtime friend, Theresa, last week. And of course I was more than happy to tell her about the amazing joggers I had recently discovered (something I had shared with all the girls in my running group as well), even sending her the link. And sure enough she loved them! “ Ok, these joggers are amazing, so soft,” she messaged me a few days later. “ I love them. Thanks for the suggestions.” Smiling as I read her reaction, I couldn’t help but message back. “You are so welcome! Can you just imagine if people shared Christ the way we talk about our clothes?? He is much better than a pair of joggers LOL” to which Theresa responded, “ Yes, absolutely...God is good!“

And you know, God is indeed good; a fact much more worthy of sharing than how warm a pair of jogger pants are right? Sadly though, a great majority of Christians aren’t telling others about Jesus because they don’t feel qualified. But let me assure you... every person who has experienced the saving grace of Jesus Christ is not only qualified to share the Good News but is commanded to do it. Something that’s as easy as telling someone what Jesus has done for you. Consider the woman at the well. She certainly wasn’t “qualified” to preach to others but simply said, “Come, see a man who told me all that I ever did.” She merely told the story of what Jesus had done for her which caused many to believe immediately and many more to come to Jesus and believe upon hearing the words He spoke. 

So resist the urge to keep your story to yourself my friend. Our testimonies were meant to be shared because they have the power to inspire the lost to come to Him and to hear His words and be saved.

Heavenly Father, thank You for the simple reminders that our “suggestions” have the power to influence another person to act. Knowing that Lord, help us to be bold in sharing our testimonies and the reason we can now declare with confidence that “God is good” and how anyone can acquire that same confidence by accepting Jesus as their Savior. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment