Thursday, July 15, 2021

Be willing to go

"Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?” I said, “Here I am. Send me.'" Isaiah 6:8 NLT


As I finished up my morning run yesterday, I briefly stopped to text my dear friend Phyllis back after receiving her message telling me that she and her husband Scott (also a dear friend of mine) would be traveling to different locations that day. "Praying safe travels for you both!!" I wrote adding, "May the Lord use you both in mighty ways today!! Love you!" And I absolutely was overcome with joy by her response, "Know God will use you today too." Do you just love that or what? Did you get that know part? Phyllis was acknowledging the fact that God would use us both today. And just how did she know that to be a fact? Because a fact as defined is a thing that is known or proved to be true. And what's both known and proved to be true is this... God will use the person who is willing to be used, the person who has said, "Lord, use me to do Your will. Use me to reach the lost and to serve others the way that you want me to" and who is then ready to step out without hesitancy to do that very thing. 

And you know, when it comes to stepping out without hesitancy, Isaiah was one of those people who was willing to go wherever it was God was calling him to and serves as a great example for us to follow. In fact, the Bible gives us the amazing story of Isaiah's obedience when it tells us about the encounter he had with God--an encounter that ended with Isaiah hearing the Lord asking, "Whom should I send?" and immediately replying “Here I am. Send me." Isaiah's response came from a heart that knew it was a privilege to serve the Living God and to be the one that God would send... even before he knew what he was being sent for. Is that an amazing response to God's call or what?
 
So if you want to be used by God, and I hope that you do my friend because doing so will fill your life with blessings beyond your wildest imagination, just say, "Lord, here I am. Send me." And then be ready to step out... wherever, whenever, however and for whatever God calls you to go and do. And remember this... in the words of A.W. Tozer, "God is looking for people through whom He can do the impossible." May those people be you and me!

Heavenly Father, thank You for being able and willing to use broken and imperfect people who will simply step out in obedience and say, "Lord I am your vessel. Use me as you please." Oh God, please help us to understand that being used by You is a privilege and honor and something that will not only change our lives but the lives of countless others. Help us to follow the example of Isaiah today and say, "Here I am. Send me." 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment