Monday, May 28, 2018

No matter what

"Others were given in exchange for you. I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you." Isaiah 43:4 NLT


Image result for gods love shining pic
Well aware that the mercury would be climbing quickly yesterday morning, I decided to bring a hand-held water bottle for the impromptu half marathon my friend and I were running. And while that small amount of H2O would normally be sufficient for 13.1 miles, with the day's heat it was gone after just four. Knowing that with no aid stations on the course to fill my hydration device I would quickly become dehydrated, I instinctively did the thing I always do in these situations... I prayed, "Lord, I am so thirsty. Would you please bring me some water?" And you know what? He did!! As I came over the next hill, I was overjoyed to see a kind friend who had decided to surprise us with a cooler full of iced-down water bottles. 

Isn't it crazy to think that the God of the universe loves you and me, even in the midst of our shortcomings and messy lives, so much that He would provide for our needs? But He does. He truly loves us! In fact, the Father loves His children so much that the prophet Isaiah wrote, "Others were given in exchange for you. I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you." Did you get that part? You and I are precious my friend, highly esteemed, loved, and of great value to the King.

So if you're looking for a sign today that God still adores you in spite of your faults and imperfections, consider this your sign. Because in the words of Ryan Stevenson, "No matter what you've done, you can't erase His love. Nothing can change it. You're not separated. No matter where you run, He's always holding on. You're still a daughter, You're still a son... No matter what." 

Heavenly Father, thank you for the reminder that you absolutely love us more than we could ever comprehend. When the devil comes to us with lies that because of the things we've done we can't possibly be loved by You, I pray that you will remind us that we are precious and honored. Thank You for loving us that much Lord. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No Matter What - Ryan Stevenson

Image may contain: 2 people, including Melissa Martinez, people smiling, beard and outdoor
Basking in the kindness of a friend and the reminder that God loves me. That water He provided was so very very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment