Thursday, May 24, 2018

God can handle any problem

"'But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the LORD's victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out against them tomorrow, for the LORD is with you!'" 2 Chronicles 20:17 NLT


Image result for thumbs up runner pic
Sensing a dear friend of mine was going through a hard time recently, I sent her a message that said, "Hang in there. God's got this." She quickly responded back saying, "Thank you! You have been on my heart as well, I feel like you have some things burdening you right now and I just want you to know that I'm thinking about you and praying for you." Wow! "God is so good that He already has someone praying for me," I thought to myself as I texted back, "It’s nothing God can't handle and a good run won't put into perspective." And knowing how very, very true that last statement was, I smiled, grabbed my hat and then headed out the door for a long run. 

Did you know that science has actually proven that exercise makes us think more clearly? It's true. And do you know what else is true? God can handle any problem you and I have, no matter how big it appears or how heavily it looms on our shoulders. In fact, the Bible tells us that you and I "will not even need to fight” our battles. We simply need to stand firm in the faith, wait and “watch for the Lord’s victory.”  

In other words, the battle is the Lord's my friend. So relax and "do not be afraid or discouraged" no matter what you're facing today. He's got this!

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that we have nothing to be afraid of. You know everything we are going through and You go before us to fight our battles. May we be encouraged and uplifted by that knowledge today and then rest in the peace that surpasses all understanding. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

My feet are on the rock - I am They

No comments:

Post a Comment