Monday, June 19, 2017

So good to me

"Let all that I am praise the LORD; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me." Psalm 103:1,2

Image result for runner praying pic

Realizing that I couldn't put off paying the sales tax on the vehicle my husband and I had recently purchased any longer, I headed to the Department of Motor Vehicles first thing yesterday morning. After my number was called, I smiled, headed to the counter and handed the clerk the packet of forms the dealership assured me held everything I would need to get my new plates. But, to my dismay, I was quickly informed that one of the forms I had to submit expired the day before and my calculations on what this was going to cost was way off (and not to my favor). Sensing this was not the way I had envisioned the day to start, the clerk, said, "I'm really sorry that I ruined your day." 

"Oh but you didn't!" I quickly told her, "Nothing could do that." Smiling once again, I wished her well and told her that I would see her tomorrow with the proper paperwork. You know, things like that happen all the time don't they? Instances when life just doesn't seem to run smoothly or go as planned? But we don't have to let these things or occasions put a damper on our joy when we focus on the good things God is doing for us instead. David knew that which is why he was able to say "Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me." 

You see, when we fail to remember the "good things he does", we can easily focus on our circumstances, problems or troubles instead-and if our focus is anywhere but on Christ, we will not be able to praise him with our whole heart. So as I walked out of the DMV, I silently prayed, "thank you for your Spirit that gives me peace, thank you for the run we will enjoy together later, thank you for my family, thank you for being so good to me..." and the list goes on. I have so much to be thankful for, don't you?

Heavenly Father, thank you for your mercy and grace that is new each and every morning. Thank you for the many blessings that you have given every believer, especially forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life. And thank you for the Holy Spirit who guides, comforts and reminds us of just how "good" you really are. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment