Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Let it go

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1



One of the things I love most about starting the day off with a run is spending time alone with the Lord to pray and seek his guidance first thing in the morning. Not only does this time prepare me for the day ahead but allows God to reveal anything that might be an obstacle in my daily walk with Him. Having learned that the Spirit can speak in many different ways, I was extremely curious to see a brightly painted rock sitting on the park bench as I started my cool-down walk. "Hmmm, is this for me Lord?" I asked. And then I read what was painted on the stone... Let it go. Let what go? I wondered as I certainly couldn't think of what it was that I was holding on to. After a few more steps though, I soon faced the realization that I was holding on to a fear of the future and the outcome of a few situations in my life that were totally out of my control. 

You know, if we're honest, we all have an "it" that we are holding onto-something that we need to let go of. For me it was fear, the same thing that King David struggled with as well. In fact, Psalm 27:1 was written during a season of trouble. Yet it is not a Psalm of despair because David learned how to overcome his fear and let go of it. He remembered that he had nothing, noone and no "it" to fear because the Lord was his, "light and salvation.. the stronghold" of his life. It's this realization that allowed him to "let it go" and trust that God would protect and provide for him. 

Maybe today you need to let something go too? Perhaps it's anger, sin, worry, fear, hurt, resentment or guilt? Whatever it may be, letting go can be hard to do. But it can be done by remembering that God is always in control and has promised to be our light, salvation and stronghold. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for the reminder that you are and always will be sovereign over any situation we might face in life. Help us to determine what those things are that we need to let go of and then strengthen us in the battle to do so. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

Strong tower - Kutless


No comments:

Post a Comment