Sunday, June 4, 2017

Beautiful feet

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"" Isaiah 52:7


Related image

As I was preparing for church yesterday morning, I assessed the condition of my feet and momentarily debated applying polish to what was left of my toenails to hide their ugly appearance. But even that, I decided, wouldn't help much as the polish wouldn't stick long and could never cover up the callouses left behind from the many miles my feet have been blessed to travel to share the love of Christ and his redemptive message to others. So instead, I smiled as I recalled the words of Isaiah, "How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news.." and then strapped on my open-toe sandals and let my "beautiful" feet show. 

And you know what? God says that the feet of all those who bring the "good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings" and "who proclaim salvation" to others whether on the mountains, on a racecourse, across the ocean or across the street are "beautiful". Did you notice that Isaiah didn't say the lips or the mouths of those who speak the good news are beautiful though? You see, even the most eloquent speaker in all the world would be useless if he or she had idle feet. Our feet are only "beautiful" when they are willing to go to the lost, to step out and take the "good news" of the Gospel to where it is needed. 

Knowing that then, whether freshly pedicured or missing toenails, are your feet truly beautiful? Because if beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say, only what God sees is the true determination of whether you and I have "beautiful feet". 

Heavenly Father, thank you for reminding us that how the world views beauty is not the way that you do. Help us then to make our feet "beautiful" to you by going everywhere you call us to share the good news with others. May our feet never remain idle. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Beautiful feet - Lecrae


No comments:

Post a Comment