Thursday, May 14, 2015

Will you enter?

"When the master of the house has locked the door, it will be too late. You will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Lord, open the door for us!' But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from." Luke 13:25



Have you ever wanted to sign up for a race but kept putting it off? Perhaps you were waiting for the right time? Maybe you were waiting for a special discount or to see whether it would fit into your busy schedule? And when you finally decided to sign up were denied entry because the registration had closed? It can be a very disappointing and regretful feeling to know that, because of indecision, the door was shut... along with the last chance to enter. Unfortunately, for those who have not made the decision to follow Jesus, the door to Salvation will not stay open forever either.

In Luke 13;24, Jesus said, "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to." What does it take to enter that narrow door? A firm belief in Christ and a daily effort to follow him whether it's convenient, costly or difficult. If you're thinking that you will make that decision when the time is right or when it fits into your lifestyle or hectic calendar, let me remind you that no one knows the hour or day when Jesus will come and the time for decision making will be over... just like that. You will then either be able to go in or hear the words, "I don't know you or where you come from." When the master of the house has locked the door, it will be too late.

The choice is yours. My prayer is that if you haven't made the decision to follow Christ that you would do so today. You don't need to wait until you are good enough, the time is right or you have your life in order. Jesus wants to meet you where you're at right now. The door is open, will you enter?

Heavenly Father, I pray that if there is anyone who has not made the decision to follow you, that they would do so right now. I pray they wouldn't put it off even one more second. And if they are ready to make that commitment would simply pray, Father I am a sinner in need of forgiveness. I believe in you Lord and in Jesus Christ, your son, who died on the cross for my sins. I ask that you come into my heart and dwell in me and that I faithfully follow you all the days of my life. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

www.team413.org

Lift up your face - Third Day

No comments:

Post a Comment