Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Maker

"He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them-- he remains faithful forever." Psalm 146:6


While running this morning I was, once again, in awe of God's magnificent creations. As I traveled down the gravel road, I listened to the birds singing while surveying the open fields around me. Wildflowers were blooming and the cattle were fervently devouring the tall green grass. Ah... life is good and I thought how wonderful it was to be able to meet with the Maker of it all each and every day. 

Have you ever heard the term, meet your maker? The Urban Dictionary defines it as: the Christian belief that when we die, we are called to account for our lives before God. So if I say I'm "ready to meet my maker", I mean that I am ready to give God an accounting of my life; I am ready to die." The question then is this... are you ready to meet your maker? Are you 100% certain of where you will spend eternity? 1 John 5:13 says, "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life."

 And just what is written? "By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit." (1 John 4:13). We can know, without a doubt then, that we will meet the Maker one day if we have chosen now to follow Jesus. Have you made that decision?

Heavenly Father, thank you for the gift of eternal life that you have promised to all those that believe and choose to follow you now. If there is anyone who hasn't made that decision, I pray that today is the day they choose to abide in you and know for certain where they will spend eternity. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

The Maker - Chris August

If you're ready to make the decision to follow Jesus today, simply say this prayer: Lord, I know I am a sinner in need of salvation. I believe you are the Son of God and I accept you into my heart today. Forgive me of my sins and dwell in my heart forever. It's in your precious name I pray, Jesus. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment