Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Will you go?

"Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Matthew 9:35-38


In the Great Commission, Christ calls all of us to "go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," Matthew 28:19. Commission is defined as: an instruction, command, or duty given to a person or group of people. Since God is the one giving the command, it's no wonder it's called Great! He is great and so is our responsibility to fulfill the task He has called us to. The bible goes on to tell us that the "harvest is plentiful but the workers are few... and to send out workers into the harvest field." There are so many people that need to hear about Christ but so few people to tell them- and the harvest field is as broad as the east is from the west. Your "harvest field" may be in your own neighborhood, at your work or in a remote village in Africa. But for some, it is on an Ironman course.

My friend and TEAM 413 brother completed a full Ironman competition Sunday wearing his TEAM 413 shirt with the words of Philippians 4:13 on the back, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." If you aren't sure what that is, you're in for a shock. It starts with a 2.4 mile swim followed by a 112 mile bike ride, and then a 26.2 mile run (marathon), raced in that order and without a break. In the words of Brian after his finish: Yesterday was a day I will never forget. I swam faster than I am capable, felt great on the bike, and paced myself at the end of the run (walk) to finish the Ironman.  I think I had a least 50 triathletes comment on my shirt and how inspiring it was. Several people would yell "Go Team413!!" as I would pass by. At mile 19 an athlete came up beside me as I took a walk break and asked if he could walk with me a while. He said he loved my shirt. I feel that's why he chose me to walk with. He was starting to struggle physically so I chose to walk with him til mile 25. I thought about continuing to jog some but I stayed with him. Then we jogged it home to an amazing finish line. That walking allowed me to be strong at the end. GOD had a plan. He provided and watched over me all day! Go TEAM413! I am an IRONMAN!! 

Amazing story made even more amazing to know that Brian did all this to be the witness the Great Commission calls us all to be. Galatians 6:9 reminds us to "not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." In whatever field you are called to be a witness, keep pressing on, never giving up and always trusting God to give you the strength to go on. If one person is saved, it was worth it all.

Heavenly Father, thank You for always giving us the strength to do the job You have called us to do. While not everyone will be called to do an Ironman, we are all commanded to go and make disciples. May the testimony here inspire those unsure whether God will give them all they need to be a witness and fulfill their duties. I pray we would all be willing to be workers with the purpose of reaping an immeasurable harvest. It's only through You that we can do this. Give us the strength Lord. In your precious name we pray Jesus, Amen. 

Happy Running!!!
www.team413.org

I urge you to watch this one. TEAM 413 is reaching people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment