Monday, November 4, 2013

St. Louis Marathon 10/27/13

End of the race

Victory Lane- almost done.


And, we're off!!! 



Prerace.  Getting ready to get in my corral.


 Just arrived.  Going to keep my coat on as long as possible.  Brrrrrr.

Love this girl.  Laura dressing in layers to walk me to the start.
 
 
 
Great race.  Worked the expo the previous two days which inspires me.  I love to hear stories and testimonies of Gods grace and compassion.  Finished in 3:44 and then found out that Laura lost the car!!  My marathon turned into an Ultra after having to walk around downtown St. Louis.  Lol!!  We finally stopped to pray (as we should have done an hour earlier) and found the car within 5 minutes.  Love it when God shows off:).   Poor Laura had been looking for it since she dropped me off at the starting line. After parking that morning, in the dark, she walked me to the start line.  We were talking and praying and didn't pay attention since we simply followed the other runners.  Actually turned out great, as God would have it, as Laura met a young gentleman that needed to hear that God loved Him and he joined our group!  Oh yeah!  Praise report!!!  She prayed for coffee since she left her purse in the car and her new friend bought her a cup of joe:). 
 
"Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
 
Lord, thank you for reminding me that in every situation, You got this!!
 

1 comment: