Monday, November 18, 2013

God's placement

"To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak.  I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some." 1 Corinthians 9:22

As I was doing my daily run this morning,  I was questioning my training-or lack of, as I prepare for another marathon Sunday.  You would think that I wouldn't worry about this as this since my base mileage, 40-50 a week, should be sufficient.  And, I've done so many others right?  Well, that's the thing.  I can train the same for each or differently and I've realized it doesn't really matter.  While I am required to do my part of putting in the miles, God does the rest.  I have finally realized that my placement in a race is God's doing.  He will put me where He needs me.

Most times, this is a good thing and I have a great race encouraging and praising along the way.  But, there's been the few times where He has required me to to eat humble pie and "become weak, that I might win the weak."  In other words, He has slowed me down and/or given me cramps or fatigue to ensure I was where He wanted me not where I wanted me!  While I will admit these aren't my favorite times,  I am honored to be used and obedient to the call.  And always grateful for the outcome and the testimony of His plan!!!

In the words of T.D. Jakes, "Everyone wants to come when the cake is baked, but nobody wants to grind the flour."  You've gotta grind a lot of flour to reach that finish line.  And, witnessing on the way, is the icing on the cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment