Sunday, April 8, 2018

Right where you need to be

"Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives." Galatians 5:25


Image result for waiting in line pic
While doing a shakeout run Saturday morning in preparation for Sunday's marathon, I realized something was very wrong. Due to insufficient stretching, my hip was once again out of alignment and I was reduced to a modified gait. Feeling led to press on in spite of it though, I began the 26.2 mile race only to feel growing irritation at my significantly slower pace. And I would have stayed lost in my pity party too, had the Holy Spirit not convicted me by saying, "I know exactly what your pace is my child because I determined it. And you're right where you need to be." At the realization of that, my frown quickly turned into a smile and I looked up just in time to see a young runner struggling. After a brief conversation, I gently placed my arm on his shoulder and said, "Can I pray for you?" To which he replied, "Please." Oh yes. I was most definitely right where I needed to be. 

But you know what? I could easily have missed out on that blessing had I not yielded to the prompting. You see, what I've come to realize and what Paul was reminding the churches in Galatia is that, if we are to be used, we must "follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives” at all times - and so should never get out of step with Him... not even for a moment (like I did). But instead, we should fully and continually trust that He will always lead us, using any means necessary, to the exact place we need to be. 

So the next time you're stuck in a line at the grocery store, forced to change direction, watch as your plans go awry, or your running doesn’t go as planned, don’t get upset. Be still and listen for the Spirit's prompting instead my friend. He could very well be putting you in the exact spot you need to be. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that we need to open to the Spirit's promptings at all times, viewing every situation as an opportunity to be used. Help us to surrender our will to yours Lord, that we might allow you to lead us in every area in our lives. And help us to grow so close to You that we would strive to keep in perfect step with You. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

My desire - Jeremy Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment