Monday, April 8, 2013

St. Louis Go marathon 2013













Great day at the St. Louis Marathon on Sunday 4/07/13.  Laura ran with a guy, Matt, we met at the expo who was struggling with some things.  We met him on Saturday and Laura was praying that whole night wishing she would have offered to run with him.  She finally emailed him that evening extending the request and he contacted her.  He was glad that she had invited him to run with her.  He said that he actually decided he probably wasn't going to run until he read her email.  God is sooo amazing!  They ran together, both better for the experience.  I love how God brings total strangers together and makes them friends when they unite to give Him glory!  And, we had the blessing of praying with Blair prerace who was gearing up to overcome an injury.  Great way to start a race!

Met some amazing people at the expo... Karen and Blair have kept in touch and, I believe, will go on to do great things running with TEAM413 and serving Him.  I've had many people comment on the sacrifices that it takes to run this much and to do things that seem to have no benefit.  That is the way the world sees it.  I, however, do not.  I will never be less than bold about my love for Him, nor will I ever apologize for it.  It's not a sacrifice when you love what you do. Its a blessing.  I'm just grateful to have such a wonderful family who supports me and the ministry.  I finished the full in 3:50, praise God.  I am utterly amazed at how much the human body can do!  When you stop telling it what it can't do and replace it with what God can do, wow!!!  I am convinced that Roctane, Gatorade and prayer are the ultimate weapons in long distance running.  If you have never tried Roctane, don't hesitate.  It's Gu filled with caffeine.  Took 4 on the course as well as Gatorade to keep electrolytes balanced.  Seemed to really keep my energy even.  I was able to maintain an 8:20 pace until the last 6 miles.  Hills and more hills.  But, got it done.  Next marathon is on 4/27 in Nashville where I'll be working the expo.  Steve Seda, a member, came in at 4:04 and Kris York at 4:26.

Next weekend is the TEAM413 1st annual Half Marathon.  Crazy month!  But so worth it.  Will be at the back of the pack this time.  How refreshing it will be to take it easy and help others cross the finish line.  Laura will be joining me as we make the experience more fun for the runners.  Woohoo!!  

The pic is of a quick shot I made on the 5:00 news and the newest toenails to bite the dust.  Sayonara... toenails are for sissies anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment