Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekends run





What a cold day Saturday was!!  I talked the kids into doing a 5K with me to benefit the local animal shelter.  The Temperature was about 20 on the windchill and it was wet and slippery.  There was no chance of a PR on this course for anyone.  It was snowing and there was ice on the roads.  
I ran it with Luke, my son (14).  He underestimated his physical condition and the weather conditions.  Unless you run outside often, it's quite a shock to your system to breathe in the cold air.  We walked about half of it and it was priceless!!  It's not very often that a teenager will be seen in public with his mom, much less actually talk to her and not pretend to puke.  Luke told me he was sorry that he couldn't go faster to which I replied, "are you kidding me?  this means i get more time with you. this is the only reason i'm out here."  He thanked me and my heart melted.  I absolutely love my children and I so thank God for them.  I try to commit these times to memory.   Speaking of kids, Hope (my 7 year old) walked and ran with her little friend, Melody Gan.  They had quite the time.  Went back to check on them after Luke and I were done and they ignored me!  Lol  So, I just watched her go and smiled.  God is so good.  His blessings are amazing and I am truly humbled each time I run with my children.  Thank you Lord for that gift and I pray there will be more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment