Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Wow!  Another cold day today.  4 degrees.  Made me realize how important each run is regardless of whether they are memorable.  They are a lesson in pursuing the goal regardless of weather, obstacles or circumstances.  I realize that if I am to be a witness for Christ and an influence on others, I have to follow Him regardless.  So, if I am to complete the races I need to run in order to share His word, I have to put in the work.  And I am the only one who can do this!  It's an honor to serve Him but something that has to be done with my whole, heart, mind, soul and body.  Realizing this makes it easier to put on my running shoes on days when I feel like I'd rather stay in bed.  Or when I have too many aches and pains (lingering Piriformis Syndrome and Sciatica).  I know He's waiting for me.  He is my running partner, you know? 

Romans 12:1 "Therefore I urge you brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God-this is your true and proper worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment