Monday, January 21, 2013

Women of TEAM413

Saturday was the Yeti Set Run trail race in El Dorado Springs, Mo.  It's the first in a 3 race series.  What a blessing the day was.  Six of us girls went up on Friday night and stayed at the Super 8.  We had so much fun!!!  We hung out and talked like teenagers til bedtime at 9 lol!  Then we got up early and drove to the race.  We jammed out to Mandisa on the trip and made it there with plenty of time to spare. 

The day could not have been more beautiful.  The course was challenging and very pretty.  There was a lake and several water crossings.  It was a 20k consisting of four 5k loops.  As the weather warmed up, the ground thawed causing quite a mess of mud... which made it more fun and much harder.  There's something about being alone and running that allows God to speak louder.   Running seems to be the only way i can quiet my soul.  That's why I enjoy it so much.  It allows me to worship with no distractions, something I am unable to do any other time.  I found myself thanking Him over and over for the day He provided and my amazing friends that we there to share the day. 

So, God willing, we will do this again for the Forrest Gump Challenge in March!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment