Monday, September 21, 2026

Jesus Makes the Broken Whole

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” 2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV


As I stepped up to the microphone yesterday morning to introduce Jade and Terry at the third annual Dixon City Wide Worship service, I couldn’t help but thank God over and over for the countless things He had brought me through.

This was something I was considering on my run earlier that morning, and something I make a point to remember often. 

I had read the short bios they had sent and could fully empathize with the brokenness they spoke of and about the transforming power of Jesus Christ. 


Which is the very reason I had to hold back tears as I told the crowd about these two amazing women who, despite their checkered pasts and the heartache that came with those pasts, were made new by a Savior that also made me new—a Savior that longs to do the same for all those who are hurting and in need of Him.

“Jade Hansen is a wife, mother, worship leader, and follower of Jesus. She has a heart for encouraging others and sharing the hope, grace, and unconditional love of Christ. Today, she’ll be sharing her testimony of how Jesus met her in the middle of her brokenness and transformed her life….

Terry Temple is a mother, grandmother, and devoted lover of God. She has walked through seasons of addiction and brokenness, but God met her there, renewed her life, and gave her a new purpose. Having served overseas in Africa as a missionary, Terry has a heart for sharing the love and transforming power of Jesus. Today, she’ll be sharing her testimony of God’s redemption, restoration, and faithfulness…”

As each one of these sisters in Christ then shared their testimony, I looked around at the crowd. By their body language, it was apparent that Jade and Terry weren't the only people who had something to be thankful for. Jesus had already transformed many in that crowd and you could see it in their eyes. 

"As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us." Psalm 103:12

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans 12:2

But this should come as no surprise because that's what Jesus does…


Jesus came to not only give us eternal life when we choose to accept Him as our Savior, but removes our transgressions "as far as the east is from the west.” 

If that weren’t enough, Jesus gives us the power through His Word to change the patterns of thinking we once had (patterns that include thoughts like "I'm no good" or "I'll never amount to anything") to live a new life devoted to serving Him in response to His goodness and grace. 

You see, the Bible tells us that "if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."


This means that when a person enters into a relationship with Jesus, they are not merely reformed or given a second chance; rather, they undergo a radical spiritual rebirth that transforms them into an entirely new creation. Do you get that?


When we accept Jesus as Savior, the weight of our past guilt, shameful choices, and destructive habits is decisively broken, meaning that our former life no longer defines who we are in the eyes of God. 


Instead of looking at our history, God sees us through the lens of Christ's forgiveness, replacing our old nature with a fresh identity, a restored purpose, and the spiritual power to walk in righteousness. 

This means we are completely unshackled from the failures of our past, fully reconciled to God, and empowered from the inside out to live a life that honors Him. I don’t know about you, but that makes me jump for joy!

On that note, do you understand why our testimonies, then, are so important?

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3

They inspire others to understand that there is a Savior who loves them enough to die for them, regardless of what they have done! And that God can and will heal their brokenness and give them a new life, in the same way He did for us.  

So, if you have not trusted Jesus as your Savior, make today the day you do it my friend.

Make today the day you stop running from Him and say, "Lord, I can't live this life I'm living anymore. I need You to make me new like only You can. I'm choosing to trust in You as my Savior today and I'm choosing to turn from my old life and turn to the new one You have for me. Take every part of me, Jesus, and use me for Your glory from this day forward."

This will be the best decision that you will ever make. 

And, if you have trusted Jesus as your Savior, share your testimony at every opportunity my friend. Tell the world about how Jesus made you a new creation so that the lost would seek the only One who has the power to completely transform lives.

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that when we put our trust in You, we are made new, we are washed clean, and we are given the ability to transform our thinking through the power of the Word and the intervention of the Holy Spirit. Lord, help us to be bold in sharing our testimonies that we might influence a broken world to seek the wholeness that is found in You. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!



No comments:

Post a Comment