Sunday, August 27, 2023

Go Where the Spirit Leads

say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16 NKJV


In an article titled “Winding road takes runner Abdihamid Nur from Somalia to the starting line at worlds for the US” shared by AP Sports last week, Nur detailed how his life began to change when his mother decided to flee Somalia when he was just a little boy.  “She believed coming to America was in our plans for us. We didn’t know how it was going to work out but amazingly, all my siblings, and all of us, were able to succeed really well and take advantage of the opportunity that America gave us.” He went on to detail how a serious car accident led him to love running and eventually to compete at the World Championships in Budapest. “It’s like, ‘Wow, this is my life.’ It’s pretty crazy,” said Nur, who finished fifth in his heat of the 5,000 meters on Thursday night to advance to the final. “I never thought running would bring me all of this. Sometimes, I’ve got to pinch myself. I was just a normal kid who just worked hard and believed in the system.”

And you know, when it comes to winding roads that lead believers to places they never thought they’d be, the Bible is very clear that we are to “walk in the Spirit” and go where God calls us to go rather than where we want to go. You see, God’s plan for our lives is much better than any plan we could ever dream up, imagine, or devise for ourselves—but those plans always include trials, roadblocks, setbacks, detours, and u-turns that we can never plan for or anticipate. But these changes in course will always put us in the exact place we’re supposed to be at the exact time we’re supposed to be there. Which means when we follow the Holy Spirit we will find ourselves looking back in awe at the way the turns and twists along our route brought us to a beautiful unplanned destination. I don’t know about you but I find that exciting! 

So if you feel the Holy Spirit calling you to make a move today, make it my friend! Whether it’s across the street or across an ocean, “walk in the Spirit” and go where He leads you. Looking back you’ll be so glad that you did! I know I am. I’m certainly not where I imagined I’d be at this point in my life, but I’m sure thankful that I’m here. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us the Holy Spirit to live in us and guide us. Lord help us to be sensitive to hear and understand the leading of the Holy Spirit and obedient to obey His voice, knowing that where You are leading us will open doors for us to serve You in new and amazing ways. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!



No comments:

Post a Comment