Tuesday, October 4, 2022

BASS PRO MIDWEEK MOTIVATION - Runners are Awesome

Hello runner friends!
Welcome back to the Bass Pro Fitness Series
MIDWEEK M😊TIVATI😊N blog!

Now let’s get started by talking about some of the reasons people run. If you’re like me, this is something you find very interesting and probably even inspiring. Ronald Rook famously listed the reason he runs and the majority of other people do when he said, “I don’t run to add days to my life, I run to add life to my days.” Do you just love that or what? Unlike any other sport or hobby, running takes you places you could never go in a car and introduces you to sights, smells, and wonders you could never experience any other way than by foot. And while the vast majority of people who start running do it because they want to lose weight, improve their health, compete in races, or try something new, the majority of people who continue running throughout a lifetime find a greater purpose.

With that being said, check out these reasons three of your pacers that you haven't met yet like to run and, more specifically, why they like to pace the runners at the Bass Pro Marathon and Half. 

 

Charlie started running to improve his health on May 11, 2014, with no intention or plan of even running a 5K. But he got addicted and 2 years, 4 months and 21 days later he ran the Arkansas Traveler 100 mile trail run on October 1-2, 2016. He discovered pacing in 2016 and got hooked on helping others achieve their goals. He's officially paced 18 marathons between 4 hours and 4 hours 40 minutes, and has informally paced individual friends several times. He's run over 50 marathons and up (including 10 ultras) and is known for being talkative and loud! Be prepared to listen to a lot of stories and receive lots of encouragement if you run with him :-).



Hi I’m Kayla and I am excited to pace the Cohick Half (2 hour group). I’ve ran this race several times and always enjoy the beautiful scenery and amazing support from the Springfield community. I’m looking forward to meeting new faces and helping others reach their racing goals!


Hey my name is Mike Wells and I am a 37-year-old husband to my high school sweetheart, dad to two amazing boys, pastor and small business owner. I’m so excited for the opportunity to run the 1:45 half pacing group for the bass pro half marathon this year! Not only is it an awesome opportunity for a great training run for me, but I’m fired up to be able to encourage others in their race and help them push every step of the way!


Now that you've met a few of your awesome pacers, check out these seven reasons ALL runners are awesome. I hope at least one of these reasons resonates with you and not only motivates you to keep training for the Bass Pro Fitness Series of events but inspires you to continue running for a lifetime. After all, you want to be awesome forever right?

WE ARE GOAL SETTERS

Runners have an amazing ability to set goals and then smash them. I remember when it was a great accomplishment to run one mile. Then I wanted to run a 5K. Then a 10K. A half marathon seemed impossible, but I trained for it and achieved it. Runners keep setting bigger and bigger goals. Even if we don't achieve our goals in the timeline we expected we keep trying.

WE OVERCOME OBSTACLES

Sometimes we get injured or deal with life issues that get in the way of our running, but we always seem to bounce back. Once we make running a priority in our lives almost nothing can stop us long term. We find a way. If I could apply one characteristic to runners it would be tenacity. We don't give up when the going gets tough. We all have good and bad days, but over the long term we keep going. We are a persistent bunch.

WE HAVE MENTAL TOUGHNESS

Running teaches us to deal with the hard times and work through them in running and in life. I'm not gonna lie, sometimes running sucks, but it is hard parts that make us great.

WE ARE SUPPORTIVE AND UPLIFTING

I can honestly say that in all my years of running I have never come across a significantly negative or unsupportive runner or running group. Runners by large are welcoming, accepting, encouraging and supportive. It doesn't matter who you are, where you come from, how old you are, how much money you have or how many friends you have, chances are if you find a running group they will accept you with open arms. I have yet to see otherwise.

WE HAVE FUN

Runners take fun to the next level. Why else would you dress in costumes and tutus to run a race? Runners may be focused and dedicated but they also have a knack for not taking themselves too seriously.

WE'RE HUMBLE

Just because I am listing 7 reasons why we're awesome doesn't mean we are not humble. Running gives us a ton of opportunities to practice humility. We fail, we fall, we cry, we stink, we crap our pants (wait. just me?) and we get hurt. That's just a few ways running humbles us.

WE'RE HAPPY

Maybe it is the endorphins, but runners are generally a happy bunch. I think we make our own happiness by goal setting, overcoming obstacles and having fun! The same things that make runners awesome makes us happy.



So there you have it friends. Runners are awesome people. Especially Bass Pro runners (Yes, I'm a little biased). So keep running and keep being your awesome self. Race day is almost here and I hope you're as excited as I am! Happy Running!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment