Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Today!

"Remember what it says: “Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts as Israel did when they rebelled.” Hebrews 3:15


Image result for sad man on bench

Just as expected, my friend was sitting on the bench outside the service station where he worked as I rounded the corner on my morning run yesterday-where we had the same conversation we have been having for years each time I passed by, "Where were you this morning? You missed your morning training run," I jokingly told him. "I know," he said. "I woke up late again and I'm sorry I missed it but I'll definitely be ready for it tomorrow." We both laughed as I once again replied, "Okay, tomorrow it is then!"

Like my friend, I wonder how many of us are waiting for tomorrow to do those things we know we should do today? And while putting off exercise will only affect your well-being in this lifetime, putting off your decision to follow Christ will have enormous eternal consequences. The Bible tells us so when it says, "Today when you hear his voice, don't harden your hearts as Israel did when they rebelled." Paul was reminding the people that if they continued to resist God, day by day choosing to turn away, that their hearts would become hard and, like hardened bread, God would toss them aside, useless and worthless with no chance of redemption. That's not a very pleasant thought is it?

So I urge you to not put off until tomorrow the most important decision that could ever be made! Today when you hear God's voice calling you to join him, lace up your shoes and get moving because today can be the beginning of a lifetime of wonderful tomorrows. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for the gift of today. If there's anyone reading this that has not made a decision to follow you, I pray that they would do so at this very moment by praying this prayer: Jesus, I accept you into my heart and I am tired of running away. I believe that you are God's son and my only hope for eternal Salvation. I confess my need for you and you alone and I declare you as Lord and Savior over my life. It's in your most precious name I pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Give me faith - Elevation Worship

No comments:

Post a Comment