Monday, June 1, 2015

The stone

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24



Running down my favorite trail this morning, I got a small pebble in my shoe. While a bit uncomfortable, it wasn't something that bothered me enough to stop what I was doing and take it out. As I kept going, however, the tiny pebble began to feel like a rock and I could overlook it no longer. As I stopped to remove the stone, I smiled as I thought back to something I had read.

In his book Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions, Gregory Koukl wrote, "It may surprise you to hear this, but I never set out to convert anyone... I have a more modest goal, one you might consider adopting as your own. All I want to do is put a stone in someone's shoe. I want to give him something worth thinking about, something he can't ignore because it continues to poke at him in a good way."

Sometimes our job, as Christians, is to simply place stones in the shoes of our lost friends. To graciously tell them enough about Christ that the thought of a God that can grant forgiveness and give eternal life, like a pebble in a shoe, cannot be ignored for long. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for the many blessings you have given us. Thank you for your Word that can be used to bring others to you. As Colossians 4:5-6 instructs us, may we be wise in the way we act toward the unbelieving and make the most of every opportunity to share your word. May our conversation always be full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that we might know how to answer everyone. Help us Lord to be Christians who gently and respectfully place stones in the shoes of the lost. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!
www.team413.org

Somebody tell them - City Harbor

*The Apologist's Tool Kit by Rob Phillips









No comments:

Post a Comment