Monday, June 15, 2015

Be all things

"Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings." 1 Corinthians 9:19-23



Summer is definitely upon us. If you've run at all in the last two weeks, you have most certainly felt the effects of the heat and humidity. While it would be easy to skip outdoor workouts and hit the treadmill for the next few months, you would be missing the beauty of the outdoors and the joy of running with friends. The key to summer running is to simply adapt to the changing conditions. Slowing down until your body becomes adjusted to cooling itself (takes about 2 weeks) and adding power walk breaks every 4 to 8 minutes will help your body adapt to the rising temps while preventing overheating.

The apostle Paul knew something about adapting to whatever condition he was in too. The bible tells us that he became all things to all people so that he might save some. To the Jews, he became like a Jew. To the weak, he became weak. And he did it all for the sake of the gospel. By following his example, we too can adapt to any situation we might find ourselves in "so that by all possible means" we might save some. Being all things to all people can be as simple as finding ways to connect with a person. Being respectful of someone's current situation and looking for things that you might have in common with them can many times be the gateway to introducing the Gospel to an open heart. 

How about you? Are you ready and willing to adapt for the sake of sharing the gospel? 

Heavenly Father, thank you for you the gift of eternal life. May we never take that for granted and never miss a chance to share the gift of salvation with all those who have never received it. Help us Lord to find ways to connect with the lost that we might become all things that we might save some. Give us the strength Father to always look for opportunities to tell others about Christ. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Tell the world - Lecrae




No comments:

Post a Comment