Friday, September 6, 2013

Heart of America Marathon

 

Started off the Labor Day Weekend with Railroad Days in Crocker where Hopee rode her 4 wheeler in the parade.
My other child, aka my husband Chris, rode his bike in the parade too.  Very hot day.  Left and went swimming in the river!

 


 Very early start to the day, above!  on the right is after picking up our bibs and packets.  Marathon #35 for me and #6 for Kelly.  Shes an amazing runner and a more amazing friend... the kind who will stop and pray for you no matter what is happening in her life.  So blessed. 

 
 Chris and Hopee met me at the finish line not long after I was done.  After this many marathons, I don't need a cheerleading team or a support group.  They come only rarely now, so I really love it when they do. I have found that having Jesus with me is all I need though and He is never closer than when I am alone.  I love my family and I know they are a gift from God but He is always first!! He is my portion and my strength.  He is my all in all and my best friend. I have found what it means to be content in any situation.  Whether alone or with my family and friends, He is all I need. 
 

 

 

 

 




Me loving on my Hopee.  Notice the lack of shoes.  The hills were a killer!!  The toes took a real beating.. about the usual, lol.  My feet were holding a white flag!  So I set those puppies free!!
 
Looking forward to the next race.  I know God will sustain me and I welcome the chance to bring Him praise and be a living sacrifice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment